- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 thinly sliced green onions with a sprinkling of salt (or 1 tsp onion salt)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (with ½ cup separated out)
- 2½ cups mashed potatoes
- ½ cup bacon (fried crisp and crumbled)
- 1 onion, chopped and cooked until clear
- 8 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- Mix cottage cheese, egg and green onion/salt.
- In another bowl, mix together ½ cup cheese, mashed potatoes, ½ c. bacon crumbles and onion.
- Line bottom of a greased 9 X 13 inch pan with 4 noodles.
- Spread cottage cheese mixture evenly over the noodles.
- Add 4 additional noodles and cover evenly with potato mixture.
- Top with remaining 4 noodles, remaining cheese and crumbled bacon
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins
- Serve with sour cream.
- For added flavor, sometimes I will toss a little Ham base in the pasta water.
- This dish is even better the next day!!!
- **For Batch cooking: Bake as directed and then freeze.
- Defrost overnight and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- OR bake from frozen for 1 hour 30 minutes or until heated through.**.